Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Stand

The last few months have been.... rough. People's actions have surprised me and even hurt me. Over the course of the last 8 months, I have learned a lot. A lot about myself. A lot about my friends. A lot about people/companies that I trusted. I have felt sad and defeated at times, trying to figure out WHY? Why do people do what they do? But I'm learning to put that to rest. I don't need to understand everything. I don't need explanations. I do need to pay more attention to the things that keep me balanced. As long as I am balanced with the good things and people in my life, I will always stand back up. This is my Theme Song this year, by Sugarland.


Go ahead and take your best shot,
Let 'er rip, give it all you've got,
I'm laid out on the floor, but I've been here before,
I may stumble, yeah I might fall,
Only human aren't we all?
I might lose my way, but hear me when I say,

I will stand back up,
You'll know just the moment when I've have enough,
Sometimes I'm afraid, and I don't feel that tough,
But I'll stand back up,

I've been beaten up and bruised,
I've been kicked right off my shoes,
Been down on my knees more times than you'd believe,
When the darkness tries to get me,
There's a light that just wont let me,
It might take my pride, and my tears may fill my eyes,
But I'll stand back up,

I've weathered all these storms,
But i just turn them into wind, so i can fly,
What don't kill you makes you stronger,
When I take my last breath,
That's when I'll just give up,

So, go ahead to take your best shot,
Let 'er rip, give it all you've got,
You might win this round but you cant keep me down,

'Cause I'll stand back up,
And you'll know just the moment when I've had enough,
Sometimes I'm afraid and I don't feel that tough,
But I'll stand back up,

You'll know just the moment when I've had enough,
Sometimes I'm afraid and I don't feel that tough,
But I'll stand back up.

3 comments:

  1. Monique-- I just heart you! Love the song too! It suits you =) Let me know if you need anything and we need to BBQ sometime soon- if the weather will be good for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sugarland! What a wonderful song to have as a theme!! Be strong chicka - you are amazing and I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great song! You are an amazing person! You and your family have made this place the best place we've ever lived. Keep up the hard work, you're great at everything you do!

    ReplyDelete