Nate took Jack to his last appointment with his incredible doctor, Dr. Bean!! Nate came home to give me the report of Jack's well-check. Jack is a growing growing boy! Dr. Bean even said that our little man will be taller than Nate!! Dr. Bean is also my sister's kid's doctor, so she knows my family a little. They talked a bit about how Jack has NOTHING to do with my side of the family. Seriously, I was just the incubator, the vessel. She talked to Nate about genetics. She said that children will learn according to their "genetic makeup". Since Jack is ALL Nate, Jack will understand Nate better. She said that even at this age, Jack can watch me do something, and then watch Nate do the same thing, but understand Nate better because of his genetic makeup. Isn't that crazy!?!?!? I told Nate, well, genetics or no genetics, there are things (few things) that Jack WILL learn from my genetics :)
But, it doesn't matter if he doesn't look like me... at all... and it doesn't matter if I really was just the structure that brought him here. I love him just the same. Plus, I fell in love with a smile that looks a lot like this little smile.
But, it doesn't matter if he doesn't look like me... at all... and it doesn't matter if I really was just the structure that brought him here. I love him just the same. Plus, I fell in love with a smile that looks a lot like this little smile.

No comments:
Post a Comment